Mentor Coach Application and Eligibility
Fellows Program Description
ANY helps high potential, low-income, first-generation college students (“Fellows”) select, secure, and succeed in their careers. The Fellows Program is an intensive two-year mentoring and training program where Fellows are matched one-on-one with highly-accomplished professional Mentor Coaches dedicated to their personal and professional growth.
- I want to mentor high-potential, low-income, first-generation college students in their personal and professional development.
- I am passionate about giving back to the community.
- I am available to attend career development workshops 1-2 Saturdays per month in Manhattan for 2 years.
- I am a college graduate with 3+ years of work experience, willing to share my industry expertise and network.
- Develop a one-on-one mentoring relationship with your Fellow, and help them achieve their career ambitions.
- Serve as a role model and resource for your class of Mentor Coaches and Fellows.
- Network with highly accomplished professionals from a variety of industries.
- Gain access to exclusive professional development and social events.
- Workshops are held on Saturdays.
- Year One workshops occur bi-weekly and typically run from 10:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M, followed by optional volunteer-led social events.
- Year Two workshops occur monthly and are shorter with more industry and skill-specific events tailored to our Fellows' needs and interests.
- Curriculum includes professional development topics such as resumes and cover letters, elevator pitches, mock interviews, networking, professional etiquette, and more.
Sample Workshop Agenda
January 13, 2015 to March 8, 2015 - Application Period
Thank you to everyone who submitted an application to be a 2015 Mentor Coach! America Needs You has begun the application review process. Due to the continued interest, ANY has extended the application deadline to Sunday, March 15th. These applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please make sure to submit your application in the next few days if you haven’t already done so.
April 18, 2015 - Interviews for Finalists
May 2015 - Class Selection Announcements
July 2015 - Orientation/1st Workshop
For more information, please contact