Mentor Coach Overview and Eligibility
Fellows Program Description
NYNY helps high potential, low-income, first-generation college students (“Fellows”) select, secure, and succeed in their careers. The Fellows Program is an intensive two-year mentoring and training program where Fellows are matched one-on-one with highly-accomplished professional Mentor Coaches dedicated to their personal and professional growth.
Interested in being a Mentor Coach?
- Do you want to mentor high-potential, low-income, first-generation college students in their personal and professional development?
- Are you committed to attending 1-2 Saturday workshops per month for two years following a structured career development curriculum?
- Are you a college graduate with 3+ years of work experience, willing to share your industry expertise and resources?
Mentor Coach Experience
- Leverage your professional experience, work one-on-one with your Fellow to achieve his or her career ambitions, and serve as a role model and resource for your class of a hundred Mentor Coach/Fellow pairs
- Join a network of highly-accomplished and committed professionals from a variety of industries across the city
- Gain access to exclusive professional development and social events, including happy hours, sports teams, and more
- Workshops are held on Saturdays in Manhattan, with workshops in the first year typically running from 10:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M, followed by volunteer-led social events
- During the second program year, there will be fewer and shorter workshops with more industry-and skills-specific events tailored to our Fellows' needs and interests
- Curriculum includes professional development topics such as elevator pitches, mock interviews, networking, and professional etiquette
March - Application Period
April - Interviews for Finalists
May - Class Selection Announcements
June - Orientation/1st Workshop
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
If you are not available for this long-term commitment, please click here for one-time or periodic volunteer opportunities.