Apply To Be A Fellow
NYNY is searching for high-potential, goal-oriented college students who are the first in their families to attend college and who possess a strong track record of performance and leadership. In selecting our NYNY Fellow class, we will consider the following:
Applicants must have a strong academic record, reflecting a commitment to hard work and excellence. The average GPA of the 2013 Fellows Class was 3.67, with accepted GPAs ranging from 3.0 to 4.0.
Applicants must demonstrate leadership and a commitment to communities in need through work experience, campus organizations, athletics or other extracurricular activities.
Applicants must possess a passion for reaching their potential, and must have a vision for how NYNY can help them achieve their professional goals. The Fellows Program is open to students from all disciplines and interests.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for the Fellows Program:
- Neither of my parents/guardians have a bachelor’s degree (in any country)
- I am a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- I am a freshman attending a City of New York University (CUNY) 4-year University or Community College
- I am in the process of obtaining my first associate's or bachelor's degree
- I am available to attend regular Saturday workshops in Manhattan (workshops occur bi-weekly in Year 1 starting in June 2014; monthly in Year 2)
- Must be considered low-income by NYS HUD standards. Click here for more information
Fellows Program Admissions Timeline
- August 28, 2013 - Fellows Application Opens
- February 20, 2014 - Application and Recommendations Due
- March 27, 2014 - Finalists Notified
- April 12, 2014 - Interview Day for Finalists
- May 15, 2014 - Class Selection Announcement
Our 2014 Fellows Application is now closed. The 2015 NYNY Fellows Application will open in Fall 2014.
Sign up for our application updates, tips, and notification of on-campus events by completing the Fellow Interest Form.
If you have any questions about the online application or admissions process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (212) 571-0202.